My tryst with affirmations
We all know what affirmations are. We all know how they work and we all practice them, from time to time in our day to day life situations.
The first time I came to know about affirmations was through a radio show where the RJ was a colour therapist and advised listeners to practice affirmations along with some colour therapy techniques. My curiosity was piqued and I was intrigued. It was just a notion, something new and enticing and I was not convinced. It was much later on, when I first read “THE SECRET” by Rhonda Byrne that I decided to give them a shot. So, I started dabbling in them, not so religiously, on and off, for things small and big. And to my huge delight and utter amazement it yielded results. Affirmations affect our thoughts. Our thoughts shape our beliefs and our beliefs create our reality. My usual practice is to write or verbally repeat my goal, dream or desire 15-20 times a day in present tense. I try to visualize and concentrate on what I really want and let go of all my anxieties and tensions while affirming. It's a fun filled experience where I set my imagination free. Affirmation equips me with wings to reach out to my wishful thinking. They make me focus on my goal and turn it into something more attainable. Nowadays, I am also using a free cosmic ordering service (http://thecosmicorderingsite.com/) as a tool for practising affirmations.
My tryst with affirmations has been sweet for the most part. Affirmations have really metamorphosed the way I think and believe. They have been instrumental in injecting a fresh stream of positive energy in my life. They have helped in revamping my negative thought-process and harmonizing my gloomy ruminations time and again. Through them I have managed to reprogram my self-talk that constantly runs amok in my mind. A harbinger of HOPE!
You might ask do they really work? Are they a mere piece of trickery? Wishful imagery? Do they encourage day dreaming? A designer of illusions? Does the curtain of positivity really hides the grotesque? Do we just view life with rose tinted glasses? A bulwark between outlook and reality?
It doesn’t matter! I don’t care. I am not bothered about their behind the scene intricacies and functional mechanics.I find them magical. Something wonderful yet inexplicable. Fascinating and yet puzzling. In a way they are a form of prayer where I ask for what I want not from any deity but from supreme divinity – the cosmos itself! And I am living my dreams through them!!
You can also read more about them on: http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_00000a.htm
You can also read more about them on: http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_00000a.htm
It is so motivational that one can achieve anythng wid just a belief in urself..so impressing..
ReplyDelete