Managing time....

I wish if I only had another couple of hours extra each day. There so much I could accomplish. But time seems to fly, days blurring into weeks and weeks into months. I have been lazy and laid back my entire life. I love day dreaming and making castles in the air. But now in retrospect, when I look back and ponder, I realize I wasted a huge chunk of my life. I could have achieved so much. I could have learnt so much. I could have scored better marks in school. I could have been a different person altogether! Maybe I wouldn't have been feeling, the way I have been feeling lately!

A 6-days working schedule where I am out of the house for more than 12 hours doesn't leave me much time for myself. Also, being married entails shouldering responsibilities of running a home smoothly which demands a lot of my attention. But taking out some "ME" time is a prerequisite fo me now. I want to do things which are intrinsic to my happiness and fulfill my basal needs.  Apart from being an employee and a housewife...I want to be Kavya as well....if only for a little while. Time when I can recharge my batteries and feed my hungry soul. Time when I can love myself.


 So, managing my time judiciously is the second thing on my list which I have planned to tackle early on (the first being my 30 days off Facebook about which I will write later after it's completion ). I hope lessons learnt during the coming month would put me in a good stead while pursuing other items on my list.


For this, I have made a time table for myself where I have tried to include all activities which I usually do or like to do. I have kept Saturdays evenings and Sundays free from it. My aim in doing this is not to make my life mechanical, nor to bound myself in some way. Rather I want to do certain things from day to day basis which otherwise frustrate me a lot when left undone. Non-essential tasks would not be able to eat into my schedule. What spurred me on was the realization that I have been putting off exercising and dancing because of this time warp I have been living in. So when I jotted it all down I was able to include everything along with some spare time left to pursue my hobbies and other leisure activities. In foresight, from now on I would not be able to procrastinate about my exercise routine or complain about lack of sufficient time. This has eased my stress to a great extent.


I have never led such a disciplined life. Nor I have ever put any restrictions on my time. But strangely enough, my new time schedule looks promising, interesting and challenging to me. There is so much I could get accomplished. So why not try something different? At least by the end of it all I would surely discover something more about myself. So I am all set to roll....

Comments

  1. This is motivating for the kindda lifestyle we are leading now a days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is always difficult. The biggest hurdle in time management is lack of patience. It takes a lot of effort initially to realign the world around you to adjust to your needs and it puts up a tough fight to oppose it. It’s only after a sustained effort does the world change and then it guides you to achieve your dream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts