If only............

One of the recurring phrases in my thoughts is IF ONLY....


If only I was rich...If only I had more time.......


The desires are endless and dreams illimitable. Every day, every night and with every passing moment I thirst for my unsated fantasies. I want to explore untrodden avenues. Something more challenging. Something more intriguing. The deep corners of my mind beckon me time and again. Dreams, fantasies and desires knock on my mind's window intermittently. Figments of my imagination, fabrication of my creativity, my very own fairyland. Oh so very alluring........

If only I could enjoy long solitary walks in warm summer afternoons. Smell musty yellow pages of leather bound classics in some old time ravaged library. Breathe in the intoxicating fragrance of wet soil. Rejoice in the sensation of cold fat rain droplets on warm sweat drenched skin. Feel the warmth seeping into my hands from a cup of tea on chilly winter mornings. Read mounds of books. Travel to exotic destinations. Cook to my heart's content. Bake crispy cookies and scrumptious cakes. Dance, sing and shout without a worry in the world. Sleep, eat and drink life.

No run of the mill job. No fake appearances. No social obligations. No procrastination. No stress.

How enthralled I would be? How delightful it would be? To subjugate to my whims and fancies without a second thought. To indulge to my heart's content. To pander my urges. Bewitched like a child. Beguiled like a stranger. Unencumbered, uncluttered, free.

Some day....One day........


My unspoken promise to myself!!!

Comments

Popular Posts